I’ve known this song for a while, “Vini” by Nichols and Marisa.
Zouk is a beautiful genre of music, extremely rythmic, wonderful dancing. Cultural.
Zouk is actually from the French West Indies (Guadeloupe & Martinique), Haiti, St. Lucia, Dominica and is also now shared with cultures from, South America (Brazil) and Africa (Angola, Cape Verde, Réunion, Mozambique).
Here’s my second install of Top 5’s. Where do I like to go in the world, or where is my favourite places…
1. Brazil – I went there on holiday in 2007 and really it left a massive mark on me, a very special place and the people are particularly impressive. Where I went, Natal is in the north of Brazil so incredible weather all year round. It is also a very beautiful place. I always find that the sun helps my mood, and if I lived there I think I would always be happy! I stayed in a great hotel, the Sehrs Natal Grand Hotel.
2. Barcelona – I have been to Barcelona in Spain many times since 2003, and I try to make it every year. I’ve always found that July or August is the best time visit when the weather is particularly good, there the beach is a fun place to be and there are plenty of people out at all times of the day. My recommendation on a hotel there is Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona.
3. Bahamas – I went to Nassau in the Bahamas back around 1990 when I was young, and always remember the clear water, immaculate beaches and friendly people. I would love to return there one day!
4. Paris – this is a very beautiful city and I’ve only been in the autumn or winter when the city is cold but the lights are out, magical. There are so many great places to eat and drink, and enjoy a coffee. The great thing is that it is easy to get to from London!
5. Leon in Spain – Leon in Spain is such an unknown city in the north of the country yet it is full of history and some great architecture. A good friend of mine from Spain that I met at uni has his family home there and I have been fortunate enough to visit Leon a few times.
I am so happy that Brazilian footballer, Kaka, has rejected Manchester City and opted to stay at AC Milan!
Why on earth would anyone want to go to Manchester City other than for monetary reasons? They in my opinion are a complete joke! The club feel they can buy anyone and pay way over the asking price and pay high inflated wages – absolutely ridiculous – and it is going to leave the club in a shambles!
Well done Kaka! Well done for rejecting a move to a club that offered you far more than AC Milan pay you. You have your morals and you should be proud. Kaka also probably realised that Manchester City have an awful defence and a group of unheard of players!
I posted a picture a while back last year from when I was in Brazil in 2007. I was going through my pictures on my laptop and came across this one – what a view!
I love the clouds!
It has been 10 months since I went to Natal in Brazil. What a wonderful break and a wonderful country. I plan to go back there.
Below is my favourite pic from the holiday… it shows the Morro do Coreca (which means ‘bald hill’) in the distance. Amazing place.
I will soon be posting some of my pics from my trip to Brazil up on here. I went to Natal in Brazil in November 07… It is a beautiful place.